Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 9: Wildcard

Here goes:

For the wildcard this week you will be required to eat NO REFINED SUGAR.  I know, it's a big one, but it will be good for all of us!  By no sugar I mean:  no sweets, no treats, no candy, no baked goods.  If you usually have brown sugar on your oatmeal use honey instead.  If you usually use hot cocoa mix try it instead with a little cream in your water and some fat free sugar free chocolate syrup.  You get the idea.  This is a daily thing so if you slip up one day just try again the next!
As an option this week you may take one day where rather than no sugar you have one serving size of a treat instead.  Should you chose to do that you need to also post here and tell us your best health tip -- anything that you think may help someone else! This option is for one day only this week, then the other six days would be without sugar.  Does that make sense?  If you have questions please let me know.
ALSO
this wild card will continue to run for the duration of the challenge.  This means that for week 10, 11 and 12 there will be 8 points per day rather than 7.  For those upcoming three weeks I will post another wildcard AND this will continue to run as well.

GIVEAWAY:
I will do a random drawing at the end of the week for anyone who posts their points for all seven days. It will be a gift card to a restaurant.  So make sure you log your points and eat those fruits and veggies!
Thanks for sticking with me this far and have a wonderful week !
Emily

7 comments:

  1. I am posting my health tip today because I "accidentally" ate a piece of candy today without thinking about it! It wasn't even really worthy of a treat! So, my tip is: self control with food happens at the store. If you buy it, you will eat it. If you pass on the treat aisle, you won't be tempted to buy it and then it won't be in your pantry waiting to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have started using coconut oil in place of butter and other cooking oils. It's delicious and healthier than other options. Make a batch of rice crispie treats and sub butter with coconut oil. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a salad every day for lunch. It's a great way to get 2-4 servings of veggies/fruit in and have done it for years. My 3 year old climbs into my lap and eats it with me and I love that he loves salad so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found that eating more often (smaller, more frequent meals) throughout the day leads to less sugar/salt cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am writing this because this evening my daughter made popcorn and I grabbed a handful, ate it, and noticed a sweet taste. It was kettle corn mircrowave popcorn! GRRR! My healthy tip for the day....The night before I have to work I soak oat groats and one chopped date (per serving) in water to soak overnight. In the morning I have a nice soft sweetened oatmeal. I love it because it is "raw" and is eaten at room temperature. I also top it with cinnamon which adds extra sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This isn't much of a tip but it's kindof my mantra - every day is a new day! Don't think oh well I didn't eat well today so the rest of the day or tomorrow doesn't matter. It does matter. Just start from where you are and make improvements each day. Don't give up. Don't quit even when you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the hardest time with giving up sugar. But I did it for 5 days this week, so I consider that an accomplishment! One way I make it through the no sugar days is to make sugar free jello. It is the perfect treat. I still feel like I got dessert.

    ReplyDelete