How is everyone doing? I hope we can all pull together and help each other through this second half. Do me a favor, if you personally know anyone who we haven't heard from on the blog lately or hasn't put points up check in with them. I don't mean ask them why they aren't putting points up -- I just mean see how they are doing. No big deal, just a thought.
This week's wildcard is working on better sleep habits. SO.... In order to receive your point each day this week you need to be in bed (and on your way to sleep) by 10 pm. That doesn't mean in bed at ten and then awake until 11. The idea is to actually get to sleep by 10.
After this week the wildcards are going to get tougher and I'm going to be asking a lot of you. There will also be more prizes so stay tuned.
Thanks for sticking with me this far.
Have a great week!
** This post edited to include: **
For one night this week you may choose to go out or stay up late. Rather than be in bed by 10pm that night you may post a comment here and tell us 1. what your favorite movie is and 2. what you like to do for a late night up.
Emily

Well, since it's already passed ten I'll tell you about me. Picking a favorite movie is WAY too hard! I had a million pop in my head, but the first one that popped into my head is the BBC pride and prejudice. Yup. 5 hours of Mr.Darcy.
ReplyDeleteI love staying up late reading, or watching movies with my hubby. OR I'll stay up late watching reality T.V. like tonight I just finished watching the Bachelor... (don't judge). Mostly? I love to just relax and soak in that kidless time so I can feel refreshed for tomorrow.
I couldn't tell you what my favorite movie is. I am pretty easy to please when it comes to movies. I really enjoyed seeing les miss recently. I have been singing the music every day since I saw it
ReplyDeleteWhen I stay up late I like to work on things that I can't work on while the kids are around like painting my house. Well I don't like to spend my time doing that but I do because it's the only way sometimes to get it done. So what I really like to do is to rope my husband into doing absolutely nothing with me but eat ice cream and watch one of or favorite shows.
I love being in bed by ten! Last night I totally would have stayed up until midnight, trying to get stuff done. Instead, I went to bed and woke up early, refreshed and ready to go. Duh. I'm old. I should have figured that out by now. :o)
ReplyDeleteTonight I won't be in bed by 10 pm because I have a symphony rehearsal that lasts until 10 pm. It's worth it.
Fave movie? Not sure, but my favorite genre is musicals. Does that count?
Choosing a favorite movie is hard! A few that I can watch over and over are Thouroughly Modern Millie, Pride and Prejudice, and Troop Beverly Hills (I'm a child of the 80s).
ReplyDeleteI like to stay up late watching episode after episode of TV shows on Netflix with my husband. Or if I'm up alone I like put on a chick flick and sew or work on a craft project.
i don't have a favorite movie - but lately we've been enjoying some documentaries. recommendations: buck, man on wire, note by note
ReplyDeleteif i'm up late, it is usually working on laundry or something else easier to do when the kids are asleep. but i prefer to hang out and watch a movie with troy. :)
Favorite Movies: Hoosiers, Dead Poets Society, Finding Neverland
ReplyDeleteI usually spend my late nights working on my dissertation. Boo.
I am having a hard time with this one. I don't have favorite movies, but I do like Pride and Prejudice, and recently enjoyed watching ice age the meltdown (not sure if that's exactly right). My three year old could not stop laughing at the old lady at the end singing "We are, we are...ham and cheese!" instead of We are, we are...family. It seriously cracked her up hard core every time.
ReplyDeleteI like to stay up late watching netflix with my husband or on my own. Sometimes if I get a second wind at night I will clean or fold laundry...super exciting , I know!
Favorite movie of all time: Sound of Music. I just got home very late from seeing 5 of the Best Picture nominees for the Academy Awards. I saw the other 4 last Saturday. My favorite movies this year are Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Les Mis. Argo was right up there too! I usually stay up late messing around on the computer. But this going to bed early point has been so good for me, that I need to make it a regular habit.
ReplyDeleteI stayed up last night and posted, but I saw today that it didn't post, so here goes.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a favorite movie, but I enjoy a good action flick. I usually stay up late spending time with my husband or watching a show.
My favorite movie of all time is Wild Hearts Can't be Broken.
ReplyDeleteI like to stay up late sewing or crafting.
I don't have a favorite movie. I like to stay up late and talk.
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of favorites, BBC version of Pride and Prejudice (just watched with my 11 year old twins this last Christmas break and it was so good all over again!), You've Got Mail, White Christmas, James Bond movies...
ReplyDeleteI stay up late most nights usually watching TV with my husband (like) or working on accounting for my husband's business (don't like), and didn't even try for the wildcard point this week. But I have had a cold this weekend and couldn't keep my eyes open past 9:45, so I got one point this week! And I think it helped my cold... maybe I should go to bed earlier?