We are approaching the half way point!
This week the wildcard is :
Drink 8 glasses {8 oz each} of water each day. In addition, on one day this week I would like you to post a comment below. So for one day this week in order to get your wild card point you will need to post a comment and drink your water.
Please answer this question:
Have your learned anything thus far in the challenge, and if so what have you learned?
Have a great week!
E

I've learned a LOT of things during this challenge, but one of the major things I've learned is to be a more positive person. I find myself always finding a way to complain about something, but having the gratitude journal stopped me in my tracks. I found myself trying to find things to be grateful for rather than complaining all the time and it made my mood flip to the positive constantly.
ReplyDeleteI too am learning a lot. I am learning a lot about google groups and spreadsheets and I still have a lot to learn :) I am learning that I LOVE waking up to a clean house that has been put to bed properly the night before so I have to overcome my desire at night to just ignore it and climb into bed. It's worth it to push myself at night even though I am so tired -- it's so much nicer to start the day that way!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same. I love waking up to a clean house and exercising. It starts my day off on the right foot and helps me be motivated with whatever else I have on my plate for the day. But even on days where I don't get much done, because "life" gets in the way, I still feel like I've accomplished good things! I've also been reminded that I thrive on having a list to accomish. If I've committed to do something, I can stick with it. It's when I have a wishy-washy goal that it's hard to be committed.
ReplyDeleteI have relearned how much I love going to bed with a clean house.
ReplyDeleteI've learned how much I can actually get done even with a crazy work schedule. I've enjoyed getting back to writing in my gratitude journal.
ReplyDeleteI echo the sentiments of others. I love the put your house to bed point. I am amazed at how much I can get done in 15 minutes. However, every night I still don't want to do it. You would think by now I would not dread it, but alas no. I guess I've learned I don't have to love the cleaning part, but I can love the results!
ReplyDeleteOne of the biggest things that I have relearned is to celebrate the little accomplishments. There are so many days where I didn't get things done that I had hoped, but to be able to check off and see how many of the little daily goals that I accomplished helps me look at my day differently. I also really liked the money goal. My family just moved to Japan a few months ago, and keeping track of your spending in a very cash based economy when you can't effectively read your receipts is difficult. But I am trying to keep up with my log sheet of expenditures.
ReplyDeleteI have (re)learned how great it is for me to "return and report" or to be accountable, even if it's just to myself in front of the rest of you. I guess I'd better learn to do it even when we don't have a Resolutionary Challenge!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm like everyone else. I've learned that no matter how tired I think I am I can push through end of the day fatigue to get the house in order before bed. I've also learned I really do feel better and have more energy eating healthy.
ReplyDeleteI've learned that if I don't actively try to eat all those fruits and veggies, they don't get eaten.
ReplyDeleteI have learned that the Lord answers our prayers before we know to ask for them. This challenge is helping me through a very difficult time. Everyone is so inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI've learned that it is much easier to do this challenge while on maternity leave. I am returning to work on March 4th and will be very interested to see what happens. I am not happy about returning to work, but they have been very accommodating, and I'll only be in the office Monday through Fridays from 10 - 3...and everything else can be handled from my phone or from home. Hopefully I'll still keep up with the challenge as well as I have been so far!
ReplyDeleteI have learned that putting my house to bed is one too many things for me to do most days but that it still does help to do as much of putting my house to bed as I can even if its not quite up to par to earn the points
ReplyDeleteI have learned that it is the small and simple day to day things that makes life so good (most days:)
ReplyDelete