Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wildcard: Week Five

Whew!
I don't know about you but for some reason this past week four felt pretty heavy.  January ran away with me and I need to get my feet back under me for the upcoming months.
So...
This week is all about SLOWING down.  For the wildcard this week spend at least 15 minutes each day sitting quietly -- meditating, pondering, rejuvenating -- call it what you want.  The idea is that you spend that 15 minutes in solitude (or sitting in a chair by myself while children play at the park, or however you can make it work).  Feel your body, breathe deep, wiggle your fingers and toes.  Be present in that moment and then think about how you feel about how you are doing personally.  Is your emotional tank full?  What can you do to take care of yourself so that you are fully able to give to those that rely on you?  How can you improve in the areas of your life that matter most to you?  What things are there in your life that are taking time or energy which you do not feel are very important that could possibly drop out of your life and stop taking your strength?  There are a thousand questions you could ask yourself.
Life Uncommon is one of my favorite songs that I like to listen to which help me to slow down and  get myself ready to think.
When I'm feeling overwhelmed and worried I love to hear  Lullaby For Stormy Night.
This version of  Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing is something I like to hear daily.   I love it.
And if you can handle one more, Amazing Grace is always uplifting for me.

As an optional post this week, if you have a song or songs that help you to slow down and feel grounded I would love to hear what they are.  Totally optional;  if you would rather post one day instead of doing your 15 minutes of slow down time that's great.  If not, just do your 15 minutes each day for the week and enjoy it.

Have a super week.
E

5 comments:

  1. Russ and I enjoyed ourselves last week in Turks & Caicos with his whole family....without internet service. We really took the week to enjoy our family and not worry about everyday stresses. That being said, we did not fully complete the challenge last week, although we probably did earn a few points each day. Just to let you know, we are still in and ready to go again.

    thanks,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Back to reality; bring on the challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a really hard time sitting still, so I've been trying to think of music that makes me feel grounded. Not sure if I found something along those lines, but all the Colorado sunshine today makes me think of this:

    "Good day sunshine Good day sunshine Good day sunshine
    I need to laugh, and when the sun is out I've got something I can laugh about I feel good, in a special way I'm in love and it's a sunny day
    Good day sunshine Good day sunshine Good day sunshine"

    Yes, it's not profound or deep or meaningful, but this Beatles song makes me smile. I'm a serious person and I need to lighten up sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me think I should make a playlist for uplifting, meditating songs. The song that came to my mind is a Bluegrass song from a band called Front Range. My mom and I used to go to bluegrass festivals long ago. It is called One Beautiful Day, and it is such a beautiful song. I am not sure this link will work if I post it in a comment, but here goes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdWpKCDCwc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anugama has 2 great meditation albums that have a nice constant beat to quiet the mind.

    ReplyDelete